A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
“House” for instance, is feminine: “la casa.”
“Pencil,” however, is masculine: “el lapiz.”
A student asked, “What gender is ‘computer’?”
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether “computer” should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four (4) reasons for its recommendation.
The men’s group decided that “computer” should definitely be of the feminine gender (“la computadora”), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
The women’s group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine (“el computador”), because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data but still can’t think for themselves.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won!
This is from an old email that I kept because I found it amusing.
It was written from a male perspective, so if anyone makes comments about sexism, chauvinism and all that, I suggest you go get a life. This blog is not the right venue.
Happy Valentine’s Day, minions!
What is the difference between girls/women aged: 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, 68 and 78?
· At 8 – You take her to bed and tell her a story.
· At 18 – You tell her a story and take her to bed.
· At 28 – You don’t need to tell her a story to take her to bed.
· At 38 – She tells you a story and takes you to bed.
· At 48 – She tells you a story to avoid going to bed.
· At 58 – You stay in bed to avoid her story.
· At 68 – If you take her to bed, that’ll be a story!
· At 78 – What story??? What bed??? Who are you???
I would like to share these five very useful tips to my fellow femme fatales.
1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
3. It is important to find a man you can count on! And doesn’t lie to you.
4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.
5. It is important that these four men don’t know each other.
No wiser words have ever been spoken.